Skip to main content

Birthday Month Fundraiser & Back to "Normal"

 Hello everyone! It's nearing the end of Chiari Awareness Month, and it's been pretty darn successful if you ask me :) my birthday fundraiser I do every year raised well over $200 in less than 24hrs and I'm so grateful for that! I personally choose to donate to the Bobby Jones Chiari & Syringomyelia Foundation for SO many reasons, and they always take donations year round, so feel free to check out their website at bobbyjonescsf.org to learn even more!






As of Sept. 9th, I'm officially back to work in the dance studio, feeling as normal as it can be :) we are following all of the CDC and government guidelines and everything has gone so smoothly with no complaints that I've heard of. It's so so good for the soul to be back with my students working hard and creating again. It has been tough on my conditions to go from quarantine to working again, basically having a full 6 months off, but I think in another 2 weeks, my body will be all adjusted again. 

Not a lot has changed this month symptom wise. I have had a lot of brain fog and concentration problems, but the ever changing weather was a lot to blame for my cognitive issues this month. The wildfire smoke definitely didn't help either! SO glad to have clean air again :) 

As amazing as it was to have resting time, I'm very grateful to have some sort of a routine again. Still pretty afraid of all the germs and the virus, but I'm doing everything I can to protect myself. I will talk to you all next month about any other updates! Thank you for always being the best support system! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Months & Counting (Posted 8/8/2016)

Hello everyone. It's about time for another update! Many things have happened in the past three weeks, but I just find it weird that I'm a day away from my three month post-op mark. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was still a freshman at Cornish moving out and trying to prepare for the surgery itself! July 24th-31st I was able to be in Huntington Beach, CA with my best friend Megan! It was such a perfect getaway, nice and relaxing. It was so great to see her and to be able to escape my reality, even if it was just for a week. I could write about that trip for hours, so I will just keep it at that so I don't begin to ramble. When I got home, I didn't give myself a break. The next day, I took a contemporary class, taught a class, and went to physical therapy and I did pretty well I have to say! I've been working really hard in my rehabilitation process with physical therapy and massage therapy and it's been helping a lot. At my 6 week appointment, I was...

2 Weeks Post-Op (Posted 5/23/2016)

I cannot believe it has only been two weeks since I had my massive surgery. I can honestly say that I am pretty darn proud of how far I have come since May 9th. On a side note, I was trying to create a mid-week post, but for now at least I think updating once a week through my blog is most beneficial for myself. This way all of my followers can get a summary of how things are and I can reflect on my personal progress! So here we are. This past week has been a lot easier than the last. After my puking incident, we were able to get my pain under control and have it stay that way consistently. I was noticing a pattern of what times during the day I get tired or need rest and when my pain is increased. By switching some of my medications around on my time schedule, I was feeling a lot better and more relaxed (to the highest degree a brain surgery patient can be). Wednesday was my first day out of the house since Oliver's adoption and it was so successful! I'm going to be honest and...

Day 4 Post-Op (Posted 5/13/2016)

Well, I had my surgery! Check in time for it was at 6am, so I was up bright and early along with my whole family. My anxiety level was through the roof as expected. The first nurse then called me in and took me back to registration and I had my mom come with me. At that point I had changed into my gown and was on the hospital bed with an IV line in me. It was all happening so quickly and I was so scared that I started crying. Oh and of course I am the youngest patient in there... But my nurse Jenn at that time was super nice and helped me out and so did my mom. Then I had to say goodbye to my family and go down into pre-op and OR. I started crying again during pre-op cause there were so many weird noises, oxygen tanks, needles, and bright bright BRIGHT big lights. My anxiety was even higher. So after I met my anesthesiologist, I was given a calming medication (aka "happy juice") and right after they inserted that into my IV. After that moment, I blacked out and don't reme...